Years ago I remember reading something like this in a magazine…………..
You become a market leader when you no longer resemble your competitors –
This was music to my ears.
I’ve never done things ‘by the book’ – always been ‘out there on my own’.
To me those words said ‘be yourself’; ‘stand out from the crowd’
Create your own brand. Woohoo!
And thereby hangs the all important question, ‘What exactly is a brand?’
It’s easy to understand the branding of a large scale, ‘big name’ company.
Less so, when it’s just you. Just you, doing your thing.
WHAT IS A BRAND?
For me as a solopreneur, branding is SO much more than a logo – in fact, personally, I no longer have a logo for Dress Rehearsal.
I believe, branding for the solopreneur, is an intertwining of all that makes you who you are:
your energy, your passion, your purpose, your personality – all wrapped up in a visual representation of you and your business offering:
- Your ‘look’, how you dress; what you are ‘saying’ without saying a word – your unconscious radar if you like
- Your communication – the ‘energy’ which introduces you before you even speak
- Your connection with others and how you communicate when you do
- Your business name – summing up YOU, YOUR PASSION, YOUR PURPOSE and the work you do – a simple expression for prospective clients to associate with
- Your logo – or, like myself, with all other elements in place you may feel you do not need one
- Your business cards and literature; colour and font choices, images, style
HOW CAN I HELP YOU AND YOUR BRAND?
With a decade of experience in the COLOUR and STYLE INDUSTRY, it really has been a natural progression to help women unravel their own small business branding.
With more and more information available for the consumer to read and take in , especially on social media, it’s becoming increasingly important to separate your solopreneur self from the crowd – to stand out; to no longer resemble your competitors:
- Choose the COLOURS WHICH EXPRESS YOU and the way you do business
- Choose the FONTS which ‘say’ YOU and your unique business.
- Put together your own BUSINESS CARDS and LITERATURE
- Choose PHOTOGRAPGHS and IMAGES to ‘show’ who you are
- Communicate your message without saying a word – on your website, on your business cards, on business literature, on social media
YOUR PERSONAL PRESENTATION
Our ‘energy’, our Personal Style introduces us before we even speak.
It tells people who we are and how we operate in the world. Appearing ‘creative’, ‘efficient’, ‘calm’, ‘fun’ – whoever we are – communicates exactly that to our clients or prospective clients before we say a word.
I can help you express YOU and YOUR BUSINESS through:
- clothing choices – colours and styles which express you and your brand
- putting together a capsule wardrobe for your working life – easy, grab and go dressing
- defining your working life and personal life wardrobes
- feeling both proud of and confident in yourself and, therefore your business
Sessions are held at my home in Hill Head, Fareham, Hampshire.
I have a guest room available for those travelling distance and wishing to STAY OVER
Feel free to contact me, without obligation, for further information OR to book an appointment.
Alternatively please call: 01329 667308 or 07742 816435.
‘As a solopreneur you may be interested to know I organise and run a NETWORKING and BUSINESS GROWTH group – FREE RANGE WOMEN
… and offer BUSINESS COACHING for women in the early stages of solopreneurship.’