ABOUT Jane and DRESS REHEARSAL
I consider myself very much a free spirit.
I knew, instinctively from the start, that training and working independently would allow me the freedom I crave to work intuitively, in addition to the tried and tested COLOUR ANALYSIS and STYLING theories.
With a decade’s experience as a Colour Consultant and Stylist, it’s been a natural progression for me to TEACH and MENTOR new and aspiring stylists too; also to guide them through to starting their own business.
WHO VISITS DRESS REHEARSAL?
- Clients who are looking to invest in themselves – COLOUR, SHAPE and STYLE
- Clients come in ALL shapes and sizes
- Clients looking for a bespoke, personalised analysis – no fixed ‘boxes’ here
- Clients who have been analysed elsewhere and looking for a second opinion
- Clients whose hair has changed colour, perhaps silvering; colours that worked for them once, no longer do.
- Clients from all walks of life – dressing well doesn’t have to mean designer labels and eye watering prices; it’s about buying the perfect pieces for you regardless of price and where they come from. Less is very much more.
- Clients come by recommendation – they’ve seen transformation in others and want it too!
- Clients simply fascinated with the process, wishing to experience it.
- Clients who have simply lost their way – I offer a safe, non-judgmental space to learn and grow.
- Those wishing to BECOME A STYLIST themselves
A LITTLE ABOUT ME
I love to spend time with my man, with my beautiful grown-up children, with my extended family and with the numerous special people in my life. I also love to spend time in my own company – something I have grown to appreciate over the years.
I love to be at home working, gardening, plotting and planning my next creative project, listening to music, interior designing, flower arranging, painting furniture, learning something new, sharing a bottle of wine with friends, watching Grand Designs/The Sewing Bee/ The Great Interior Design Challenge/The Great Pottery Throw Down/Strictly Come Dancing/ the latest period drama, shopping on line, on Pinterest, Instagram, facebook …..
I love to be local – in the village, walking to the seaside, on my laptop at the local café, drinking cappuchino, swing jiving, at the vintage fair/flea market, meeting old friends and new, volunteering at the local charity shop.
I love to be out and about – at an inspirational event, at a workshop learning something new, at Goodwood Revival, at a historical house, drinking in the architecture, taking photos, watching a play, a musical, a ballet, at a festival, a garden show, a luxury hotel, a party, dressing up, dancing, drinking prosecco.
I love to be away – but not for too long – with my man, with my family, with my friends – at a retreat, a weekend away, on city breaks, exploring Italy and France, holidays on the water/in the sunshine, sight- seeing, learning, planning, dreaming ……..
I am a BIG fan of inspirational quotes but, mostly, I believe we are here to be the best version of ourselves and to do more of what we love every day.
In other words, be HAPPY!